In order to reduce waste at the youth and main conference, please bring the following items for yourself and anyone accompanying you.
- Cutlery (if you need any)
- Water bottle (essential)
- Gardening gloves (essential)
- Sturdy shoes/boots that are cover your foot completely (essential)
- Hand-held shovel (optional)
- Change of clothes (may get muddy)
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen, etc) – It’s going to be a warm, sunny day.
Getting to the conference
- Portland, Oregon is connected to most of the major cities by air. Alaska Airlines, United, Southwest, Delta, Jetblue and many other airlines operate at Portland.
- Portland is a 3hr drive south from Seattle and 1.5 hr flight away from Bay Area. You may book your flights through these two cities, if necessary.
- The venue and most of the accommodation will be at Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Hillsboro is a suburb of Portland and is a 30-40 minute drive from the Portland Airport. A comfortable suburban rail network (MAX) connects the Portland airport to Hillsboro. You may also use the MAX to travel to Portland downtown.
- The conference venue is a few minutes walk from a MAX station. Hotel shuttle services and volunteers will help participants reach the conference venue from the accommodation.
Interactive Map: PDX Airport to Cloverleaf Building
Interactive Map: Portland Downtown to Cloverleaf Building
Interactive Map: PDX Airport to Shute Park
Interactive Map: PDX Dowtown to Shute Park